Improving The Production Performance Of Honey-Producing Micro Small And Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) In Banaran, Playen, Gunung Kidul
Keywords:Research action, social analysis, production performance improvement, MSMEs Honey.
AbstractThis study aims to apply the right method in identifying problems, analyze the design of the primary indicator model of improving the production performance of honey-producing MSMEs, and analyze the driving and inhibiting factors of efforts to improve the production performance of MSME Honey. The problem faced is the low production performance of MSMEs, which comes from human resource factors. Meanwhile, owners of MSMEs are more concerned with infrastructure for repair. This research is descriptive research. The method used by using a training method with the approach of Social Analysis and Action Review. Both of these methods are used to improve the design for improving the production performance of MSME Honey in Banaras, Playen, Gunung Kidul. The target object of this research is members of the Source Of Fortune Honey Beekeeper Group in Banaran Village, Playen, Gunung Kidul Regency. Based on the observation of training activities based on action review and social analysis, the results showed that there were still some participants who were sleepy; it seemed that the questions needed to be agreed upon to be semi-open, and the discussion material was closer to what the participants experienced so that participants could better imagine and understand the material—attendance: 30-50% of all members. Meanwhile, other results obtained from this research related to training content found that the main problem of MSMEs is HR, that human capital has a positive and significant effect on the production performance of MSMEs with social capital as an intermediary variable. The driving factors for the MSME production performance improvement model are the availability of the number of human resources, product uniqueness, access and supporting infrastructure, capital assistance from various parties, specific product development, close kinship relationships, and short managerial hierarchies. On the other hand, the inhibiting factors of the honey bee farmer's MSME production performance improvement model are low competence and motivation of human resources, lack of supervision of implementation standards, limited use of technology for marketing, and low willingness of owners to access capital information.
Ari Wijayani, Ninik Probosari, & Kartika Ayu A, (2018). Potential Survey and Socialization of Intellectual Property in Sumbawa Regency, Unpublished.
Cunningham, B. M. (2008). Using Action Research to Improve Learning, and the Classroom Learning Environment, Issues in Accounting Education, 23, 1: 1-30.
Dessler, G. (2000). Human Resources Management, 8th Edition. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall.
Harris, M. & Harris, J. (2002). Achieving Organizational Collaboration in the Nonprofit Sector: An Action Research. Organization Development Journal, 20 (1):
Herlina DK, Ninik Probosari, & Titik Kusmantini, (2015), Review of Action on BUMD in Yogyakarta, Independent Research Report, Unpublished.
Hopkins, D. (1993). A Teacher's Guide to Classroom Research, Second Edition. Philadelphia: Open University Press.
Horovitz J, Ohlsson-Corboz AV. 2007. A Dream with a Deadline: Turning Strategy into Action. Harlow [GB]: FT Prentice Hall.
Krisnandini WP, Ninik Probosari, Ari Wijayani, Kartika Ayu. 2019. Small and Medium Industry Improvement through the Action Assessment Method at IKM Playen Honey, Sumbawa Regency. Cluster Research. LPPM UPNVY.
Kuswanti, H.D., Probosari, N. & Kusmantini, T. Empowerment of Women Honey Craftsmen in Needle Village based on Gender Mainstreaming (PUG). Community Empowerment Report, unpublished. LPPM UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta, 2011.
Liberman, K. (2006). Evaluate Training. Credit Union Management, 29 (10): 42. Ramowski, S. & Nystrom, B. (2007). Youth Action Research. Oregon's PYD Journey, Oregon Public Health Division
Mcshane SL, Von Glinow. 2007. Organizational Behavior: Essentials. United States of America (US): McGraw-Hill.
Prawirosentono, S., 2007. The Latest Philosophy of 21st Century Integrated Management, Tips for Building a Competitive Business. Jakarta (ID): Earth Literacy.
Supranto, J., 2004. Multivariate Analysis, Meaning, and Interpretation. Jakarta (ID): Rineka Cipta.
Wahyuningrum, Sukmawati, Kartika. Improving the Performance of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the Craft Cluster in Depok City Using The House Model. Journal of Management and Organization Vol V, No 2, August 2014.
Wong, MS, Hideki N, George P. 2011. The use of importance-performance analysis (IPA) in evaluating Japan's e-government services. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research. 6 (2): 17-30. View publication.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.