The Influence of Job Satisfaction and Employee Engagement on Organizational Commitment
AbstractThis research is survey research. This study's population were all craftsmen who worked in the woodcraft center in Krebet village, Bantul district. The total population of craftsmen at the wooden batik handicraft center in Krebet village is 148. Sampling was carried out by census. The data collection technique used a questionnaire. The number of respondents was 148 craftsmen in Krebet village. This study uses techniques of structural equation modeling (SEM) - Partial least square. Based on the analysis and discussion of variables job satisfaction (job satisfaction) The estimated coefficient value of the most significant influence on organizational commitment, so that job satisfaction has the most significant influence on increasing commitment in the wooden batik and mask craft center in Krebet Village, the owner of the craft center should pay attention to the awards received by craftsmen and improve the working environment conditions.
Abraham, S. (2012), Development of employee engagement program on the basis of the employee satisfaction survey, Journal of Economic Development, Management, IT, Finance and Marketing, 4(1): 27-37.
Barnes, D. C., & Collier, J. E. (2013), Investigating work engagement in the service environment, Journal of Services Marketing, 27(6): 485-499.
Biswas, S., Bhatnagar, J. (2013), Mediator analysis of employee engagement: role of perceived organizational support, P-O fit, organizational commitment and job satisfaction, Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, 38(1): 27-40.
Brief, A. P. (1998). Attitudes in and around organizations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Cropanzano, R., & Mitchell, M. S. (2005). Social exchange theory: An interdisciplinary review. Journal of Management, 31, 874-900.
Dernovsek, D. (2008). Creating a highly engaged and committed employee starts at the top and ends at the bottom line Credit Union Magazine, May 2008. Credit Union National Association, Inc.
Meyer, J. P., & Allen, N. J. (1997). Commitment in the workplace: Theory, research, and application. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Meyer, J. P., & Allen, N. J. (2013). “The Measurement and Antecedents of Affective, Continuance, and Normative Commitment to the Organization."PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta.
Perrin, T. (2003). Working Today: Understanding What Drives Employee Engagement The 2003 Towers Perrin Talent Report U.S Report. [Online] Available: http://www.towersperrin.com/tp/getwebcachedoc?Webc=HRS/USA/2003/200309/Talent_2003.pdf (October 30, 2008).
Saks, M. A. (2006). Antecedents and consequences of employee engagement. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 21, 610-619.
Sjahruddin, H., & Sudiro, A. A. (2013). Organizational justice, organizational commitment, and trust in manager as a predictor of organizational citizenship behavior. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(12), 133–142.
Sugandini, D., Qadri, Z.M., Kustyadji, G., & Muafi (2018). “Employee Engagement In Entrepreneurship Management: SMEs CASES. Academy of entrepreneurship. Journal, 24 (2). pp. 1-8. ISSN 15282686-24-2-145
Vorina, A., Simonic, M., & Vlasova, M. (2017). An Analysis Of The Relationship Between Job Satisfaction and Employee Engagement. Economic Themes, 243-262.
Yalabik, Z. Y., Popaitoon, P., Chowne, J. A., & Rayton, B. A. (2013), Work engagement as a mediator between employee attitudes and outcomes, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24(14): 2799-2823
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.